HRD Training Thursday
[Nov. 10 (Fri) Notice] This seminar has been cancelled due to special circumstances.
KGCCI, FKCCI, AustCham and George Mason University Korea cordially invite you to HRD Training Thursday: Leading and Motivating Your People, an HRD seminar led by Leo Jung, Professor at George Mason University Korea and former CEO of SK Petrochemical and SK Gas. Please scroll down for the seminar information to register.
- Date: 16 November 2023 (Thursday)
- Time: 2pm-6pm
- Location: KGCCI 7F Seminar Room
- Address: Shinwon Plaza, 85 Dokseodang-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- Language: English
- [KGCCI/FKCCI/AustCham] 300,000 KRW (25% DC, VAT exclusive)
- [Non-members] 400,000 KRW (VAT exclusive)
- Cancellation after 13 November (Monday) 5pm or no-show will not be refunded.
- Please contact KGCCI, FKCCI or AustCham to verify your company's membership status, if uncertain. (Scroll down for chamber contacts.)
- This seminar is designed for leaders and managers working with Korean employees who aim to enhance their skills in motivation and effective leadership.
- The seminar will include lectures on key topics related to motivation and leadership, with insights shared by a former Korean CEO and present management professor serving as the instructor. Participants will also have the opportunity to exchange their experiences in managing their people including Korean employees.
- Through this seminar, participants will develop the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively lead and motivate their people, gaining a deeper understanding of Korean employees and the factors contributing to successful leadership within this context.
The seminar aims to equip participants with the following capabilities:
- Discuss how to manage employee motivation and performance
- Analyze factors influencing the motivation of Korean employees.
- Adapt leadership style and influence processes to their specific job and organizational situations.
- Reflect on their leadership styles and motivational skills
- Develop resolutions for effective leadership and motivation of their people.
Preparation for the Seminar
The instructor will facilitate this seminar using experiential and action learning approaches, such as sharing experiences, role-playing, and group discussions, in addition to the traditional lecture-based seminar method. Successful implementation of experiential and action learning approach demands significant time and effort investment. Participants need to prepare a worksheet in advance showcasing their leadership and management styles and discuss actively in group discussions during the seminar.
The instructor will also email questions to participants regarding their leadership styles and motivation skills in their roles as managers and expatriates in Korean workplaces. These responses will serve as discussion materials during the group sessions at the seminar.
Inquiries: email@example.com / 02-3780-4601