Seminar: Serious Accidents Punishment Act
On October 20, 2021, KIM & CHANG will present a seminar on the Serious Accidents Punishment Act ("SAPA"). With the operative date of January 27, 2022, it is expected that the SAPA will present many challenging questions from both compliance and risk management perspectives for the top management personnel of companies doing business in Korea as well as those employees who need to support their top management to comply with the obligations of SAPA.
KIM & CHANG's experts will discuss the following, among other things, at this seminar:
- SAPA (Law and Enforcement Decree) compliance: what should companies do from now and January 27, 2022
- Common approaches being taken by companies to comply with the SAPA and the underlying considerations behind the different approaches taken
- Crisis management: suggested guidelines regarding post-accident response
- Key considerations for companies in dealing with government investigation
- "Must do" action items and strategies for minimizing criminal liability for responsible management personnel and the company concerned
The seminar is designed for members of FKCCI and KGCCI. It will be held in a business meeting setting at FKCCI. We follow recommendations by the authorities in regard to COVID-19. In case the seminar can not be conducted offline we will hold it online as a webinar.